Here are some steps we have been given by the police to protect our properties at Christmas:
Christmas is a busy time of year for everyone, including the criminal. Most break-ins are opportunistic burglaries and Christmas is the time when many thieves are looking at the insecure home or vehicle.
- Keep your presents under wraps this Christmas by following these simple steps:
- Do not leave your presents under the tree, especially if it is by the window. Keep your presents from prying eyes.
- Hide any boxes before and after Christmas. Empty boxes for the rubbish collection, shows thieves what’s new.
- Be on the lookout for purse snatchers in crowded shopping areas.
- If you are away over the Christmas period, use automatic switches to turn on lights, or a radio to give the illusion that someone’s home.